Summer of love, Laurel Canyon style, hailing from 40 years ago. Watch a classic video clip, below. By Blurt Staff
Forty previously unreleased tracks recorded forty years ago comprise CSNY 1974, due July 7 from Rhino. The box set includes all 40 tracks, a 188-page booklet of never before seen tour photos, and a bonus DVD of previously unreleased concert footage; the box is available as a 3CD/DVD set or Pure Audio Blu-Ray (192kHz/24-bit)/DVD set.
While the outdoor stadium tour that spanned more than two months, and included 31 concerts in 24 cities (with combined audiences of over a million people) has yielded a number of highly regarded bootlegs over the years, this marks the first official release of the material. Produced by Graham Nash and Joel Bernstein, the box set mirrors the electric/acoustic/electric format that the band followed each night on stage, representing an idealized version of a show from the tour.
The box set includes some of CSNY’s best-known music; songs like “Suite: Judy Blue Eyes,” “Helpless,” “Wooden Ships,” and “Teach Your Children.” During the 1974 tour, CSNY also introduced new songs that emerged later on various albums, like Crosby’s “Time After Time,” Nash’s “Fieldworker,” and Stills’ “First Things First.” Several songs by Young are previously unreleased, including “Traces,” “Love/Art Blues,” “Goodbye Dick,” and “Hawaiian Sunrise.”
CSNY 1974 will be available in multiple configurations:
• CSNY 1974 (3CD & Bonus DVD) – Boxed set with 40 audio tracks on 3 CDs, a bonus DVD of 8 previously unreleased, restored archival video performances & a 188-page booklet
• CSNY 1974 (Pure Audio Blu-Ray & Bonus DVD) – 40 high-resolution 192kHz/24-bit audio tracks on a Pure Audio Blu-Ray disc, plus the bonus DVD & a 188-page booklet
• CSNY 1974 (Digital) – All audio tracks will be available for download.
• CSNY 1974 (Single CD)- 16 tracks, electric and acoustic, selected from the collection
• CSNY 1974 (Starbucks Exclusive – US & Canada) – 12 acoustic/semi-acoustic tracks on a single CD, plus full album digital download.
• CSNY 1974 (Deluxe Limited Edition Boxed Set) – Individually numbered edition of 1,000 copies, available exclusively through CSNY. Housed in custom wood box featuring:- All 40 tracks on six 180-gram 12″ vinyl records, housed in hardbound LP folio case.
– 40 high-quality audio tracks on a Pure Audio Blu-Ray disc
– Digital download of full 40 tracks.
– Bonus DVD
– Coffee Table size book of never before seen photos from the 1974 tour.