Deacon, Yeasayer on Free Yr Radio Comp

 

 

Also No Age, Mudhoney, Walkmen,
Jamie Lidell, Tokyo
Police Club, !!!, White Williams, King Khan

 

By Blurt Staff

 

 

The Free Yr Radio (www.FreeYrRadio.com)
campaign, created by Toyota Yaris and Urban Outfitters to generate awareness
and support for partner independent radio stations, today announced the release
date of the campaign’s benefit compilation album for January 27, 2009. 

 

 

The Free Yr Radio 2008 Benefit
Compilation features tracks from bands that participated in this past year’s
Free Yr Radio tour. All profits from sales of the compilation will be donated
to the Free Yr Radio partner radio stations. 
The compilation will be available exclusively at Insound.com for 99
cents, and buyers of the album will be encouraged to add a “tip” on top of the
99 cents as a way to donate more funds and show their support of independent
radio.

 

 

Album benefit compilation available
at: www.Insound.com/FYR

 

 

Here’s the tracklist:

 

 

01.  01.  !!! – Must Be The Moon (Live at
KEXP)

02.  02.  Chairlift – At My Side

03.  03.  Yeasayer – Final Path (Daytrotter
Sessions)

04.  04.  White Williams – Blue Steel

05.  05.  Dan Deacon – Cave Birth

06.  06.  No Age – Padded Chair

07.  07.  Mudhoney – The Lucky Ones (Live)

08.  08.  King Khan & Saba
Lou
– Past and Gone

09.  09.  The Secret Machines – The Walls
Are Starting To Crack (Live at KEXP)

10.  10.  The Walkmen – In The New Year
(Live)

11.  11.  Tokyo Police Club – Your English Is Good (K-Os Remix)

12.  12.  Jamie Lidell – Rope of Sand (Live
at Austin City Limits)

13.   

 

The participating Free Yr Radio
stations from the 2008 campaign include Ohio.FM in Columbus, KVRX in Austin, KRCL in Salt Lake City, WPRB in Philadelphia, KIWR in Omaha, WERS in Cambridge, KEXP in Seattle, The Current in Minneapolis, KUSF in San Francisco, KUCI in Irvine, WVUM in Miami, and WVKR in New York. 
These stations will split 95% of the profits, with the other 5% being
divided among the Free Yr Radio alumni stations from the 2007 campaign.

 

 

Each aspect of the Free Yr Radio
campaign is designed to give partner independent stations tools to build
awareness and help raise additional funds from their listener
communities.  Partner stations co-host free concerts as a means to
increase exposure, gain new listeners, and generate support. The campaign
also enables each participating station to award a brand new Toyota Yaris to
one listener during their fundraising or awareness-boosting activities. 
The final component of the Free Yr Radio campaign is the benefit compilation
album.

 

 

“We’re excited to wrap up another
successful year of the Free Yr Radio campaign with such a unique collection of
music from the bands that joined in the mission to support non-commercial
radio,” said Keith Dahl, National Marketing Manager for Toyota. 
“By purchasing this compilation consumers will not only get exclusive
new music, but will directly benefit the partner independent radio stations
that are such a vital part of the music community.”

 

 

For more information on the Free Yr
Radio campaign, please visit www.FreeYrRadio.com or contact Gregg Flotlin at (206) 388-1455 or gregg@206inc.com.

 

 

 

ABOUT FREE YR RADIO:

 

Now in its second year, the Free
Yr Radio campaign helps generate awareness and funds for independent radio
through a series of promotional activities including free station-sponsored
in-store concerts by top indie artists, vehicle sweepstakes to augment station
fund-raising drives and a benefit compilation. 
Yaris and Urban Outfitters joined forces to create Free Yr Radio in 2007
to start a conversation with their customers about the importance of
independent radio and to encourage people to talk about, listen to and support
their favorite stations. To learn more about the program, you can visit www.FreeYrRadio.com.

 

 

Leave a Reply