Ecstacy the Culprit For UK Death + Hospitalizations?

Warehouse

All “E’d” up? Photo from venue’s website. Sadly, we’ve seen this before over the course of 2 ½ decades…

 By Fred Mills

 Friday night at The Warehouse Project rave in Manchester, England, at a show by Axwell and Arman van Helden, one 30-year old fan died and five more were sent to the Manchester Royal Hospital, presumably due to ingestion of ecstasy. According to a BBC report, the dead man (Nick Bonnie, of Stroud) initially collapsed, while four those who were taken to the hospital were apparently friends of his; the fifth person was “unconnected with the group” but indications are that the drugs all had taken came from just two sources.

According to a statement: “Everyone at The Warehouse Project are devastated about the news and our condolences are with his family. We are assisting the police with their ongoing inquiries surrounding the circumstances of the man’s death. The Warehouse Project operates a zero tolerance policy with regards to drugs, however if you have taken something and start to feel unwell please tell a member of staff.” The venue added that they keep a trained medic on site at all events.

According to a police department spokesman, “If people buy drugs in these circumstances, you really don’t know what you’re getting and it could be fatal the first time you take it. I don’t think it’s worth the gamble and people need to be aware of the dangers. We have seen different drugs from different suppliers.One has sadly led to the death of someone – someone else has been seriously ill – so there is a really chance that if you take these drugs, you could become very ill or die.”

 

Leave a Reply